How can I help?
There are many ways that anybody can contribute to WriteType
The Most Important Way to Contribute
The most important thing that you can do is to get WriteType into the hands of children and schools! Even if WriteType was the most perfect piece of software ever created, it would be worthless if no students benefited.
Other Ways to Contribute
- Submitting feature requests — If you are a student or an educator, WriteType needs your help! You know what students need more than anything else, and most of the features currently found in WriteType came from suggestions brought up during presentations.
- Submitting bug reports — If you happen to find something in WriteType that doesn’t seem to work quite right, please tell me what’s going on so I can fix it.
- Packaging — If you have a knack for packaging, this would help get WriteType out to more people. I am especially in need of people interested in packaging it for Windows, since my experience with this operating system is minimal. It would also be nice to get WriteType into the repositories of various GNU/Linux distributions, and to have an OSX package.
- Translating — If you speak a language other than English fluently, this too would help make WriteType more available.
- Contributing to development — If you have experience programming and would like to submit a patch or make more serious contributions, your work would be very much appreciated.