The current version of WriteType is 1.3.163
- The Windows Installer (x86) is the easiest way for Windows users to use WriteType. It contains an automatic installer that will install it on one computer.
- The Windows Standalone (x86) can be used to install WriteType on a flash drive or a LAN. (Simply extract the zip folder to a flash drive or a network-accessible location to install.)
- Debian Sid users can use the command “sudo apt-get install writetype”, or locate the “writetype” package in Synaptic Package Manager.
- Ubuntu users can download a deb package.
- Fedora users can download an rpm package.
- A Tar.gz Package is available for other distributions
- A Source Package containing the source of the latest stable release is available for interested developers.